Successlessness

You've Been Asleep for a Hundred Seconds

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Older Than I've Ever Been

Tomorrow is my 28th birthday. Five years ago I would said "whoa 28? That's old!" but now it doesn't seem so bad. Maybe that's just wishful thinking but I really like who I am, where I am and where I'm headed. May the next 28 years be just as good. Although as I heard on NPR's Day To Day this week even 26 is considered old by teenagers today.

Last night, I went out to dinner with Headstart, AA, FCW and her no longer FC, my brother and his girlfriend Amy, and K and her new beau. Sprizee and Xan were invited but otherwise engaged. Dinner was delightful and the conversation ranged from carrier plans to Bremerton to the awesomeness of this week's episode of the OC. And when the check arrived it turned to the metaphysical implications of check spliting. Mind blowing. I also snagged some great presents including the new Jill Sobule album, a deluxe Goodfellas DVD, Green Lantern Christmas ornaments, and a bunch of nice books. Afterward, most of us went to see Ocean's Twelve which turned out to be a really entertaining piece of fluff. Unlike the tightly plotted Ocean's Eleven, the plot seemed like is was made up on the spot as they filmed it but it was still fun.

Today, I went out to lunch with my dad, step-mom, and brother. We mostly talked about politics and the future of the Democratic party. Some really great debate from all sides and I, as always, came out comparatively looking like right winger. My dad is now the chairman of the 26th District Democrats and my step-mom is the secretary. Afterwards, we went to University Village where I spent some gift certificates I had gotten as gifts and I ended up with Chinatown, Crimes and Misdemeanors, Bubba Ho-tep, and May DVDs. A great birthday weekend so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home