Successlessness

You've Been Asleep for a Hundred Seconds

Thursday, November 25, 2004

The Giving of Thanks

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving down in Federal Way and my grandparents' place. My grandma and my step mom collaborated on the meal with grandma cooking a turkey and a ham and my step mom doing all the sides. Everything was excellent! Grandma is a notoriously bad cook but she did a great job with the ham and the turkey. Also there were my dad and my Uncle Tom and his daughters. There was lots of good conversation mostly centering on politics and sports. Grandpa also shared some really cool stories from his days as a 15 year old army volunteer in the late 40s. tomorrow I'll be heading down to olympia with my brother and his girlfriend to see my mom and all of my step dads family.

On a sappier note, some things I'm thankful for this year are my family who are always there for me, my friends who have shown that they care about me in ways I didn't realize, and my city which is still the best damn place in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home