Successlessness

You've Been Asleep for a Hundred Seconds

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Lost Classic

As I was about to go to sleep last night I caught one of the most underrated series in TV history on Comedy Central: TV Funhouse. This Robert Smigel show only had one 8 episode season and was based on two of Smigel's best bits on his SNL TV Funhouse shorts and Triumph The Insult Comic Dog style animal humor (in the form of the Anipals) all wrapped up in a Pee-Wee's Playhouse format.

Since sleep is important, I immediately started taping what would prove to be a 4 episode block of the show. But I did manage to watch most of the first episode and witnessed probably the two funniest cartoon parodies ever. First was was Fetal Scooby Doo, kind of A Pup Named Scooby Doo taken to the next level with Scooby, Shaggy and the gang all as fetuses solving ghostly mysteries. I laughed so hard I seriously was worried about waking up my upstairs neighbors. Next was Jokamel a Pokemon parody starring Joe Camel that was both hilarious and obscene. Genius.

I also think I was lucky enough to tape the episode where the Anipals go to Atlantic City and run into Triumph and hopefully I can catch the other 4 episodes on tape sometime soon.

1 Comments:

At 11/02/2004 2:14 PM, Blogger ripvanruben said...

If you reduce the size of the font on the page it should look normal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home