Successlessness

You've Been Asleep for a Hundred Seconds

Monday, August 23, 2004

Voldemort Can't Stop the Rock!


Harry and the Potters are a teenage pair of Boston area brothers that sing songs solely inspired the Harry Potter books. They are clearly big geeks but they also write pretty groovey lo-fi tunes. If I didn't know other wise I would think it was a Tullycraft side project or something. I may actually have to buy their albums. It's ridiculously good for something sounds like just a joke. Listen to them here. Really how could you not like a band that has song titles like "Save Ginny Weasley" and "Wizard Chess".

I can not thank FCW enough for sending me the link. It totally made my day.

5 Comments:

At 8/23/2004 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/23/2004 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/23/2004 3:45 PM, Blogger ripvanruben said...

content has been added :-)

 
At 8/23/2004 4:24 PM, Blogger ripvanruben said...

I think they sing just fine! I think you overrate vocal chops. Vocals are nothinbg with out good songs and these kids have them in spades. Great vocals didnt stop Glenn Tilbrook from producing the worst album of the year.

I also love that song! especially this part:
It's been freaking out all the kids
It even took out Miss Norris
Ate up the film in Colin's camera
And petrified our friend Hermione Granger

 
At 8/26/2004 8:21 PM, Blogger ripvanruben said...

merychippus, you are so not rock and roll. I'm with wheelson on this. proof that vocal training and actual music knowledge can harm the fun factor. next you'll be telling me that jad fair can't sing. for me the only thing that matters is does it serve the song? with these guys you bet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home