Successlessness

You've Been Asleep for a Hundred Seconds

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

They Call Him the Kid


Ex-GBV frontman Robert Pollard's new vinyl only "comedy" album Relaxation of the Asshole has to be the silliest thing (with the silliest title) I have ever purchased at full price. There is no music just Bob's drunken and hilarious stage patter from GBV shows of yore. I'm glad I have but I highly doubt I'll listen to it more than a few times. On the other hand Pollard's first post-GBV solo EP ZOOM is pretty rad and is getting repeated listens already.

1 Comments:

At 5/09/2005 8:40 PM, Blogger Scribe Called Steff said...

hey, I wrote a little Mitch Hedberg obit, too. What a freakin' loss. I'm up in Vancouver, so virtually in the same part of the world as you. Wow.

Anyhow, read the review of this album on Pitchfork and I laughed my ass off. I like the blog name, too, btw.


thelastditch.blogspot.com
read me and weep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home