Successlessness

You've Been Asleep for a Hundred Seconds

Monday, May 02, 2005

Baaaaaaad Movies

I need to stop going to the movies with Merychippus. Well at least paying to see movies with him. We saw the documentary Enron: The Smartest Guys in the
Room
and for free and it was excellent. But Fever Pitch and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy were both awful.

I should have known that the mere presence of Jimmy Fallon was going to doom Fever Pitch from the start. The movie offended me both as a sports fan and as a human being. All the conflict in this film is bullshit and based on the stupidity of the characters. I don't expect all movies to reflect how people act in reality but I like to at least be able to understand why people did do things in a movie. The answer should never be well he did that so there would be conflict. Anyway Bill Simmons slammed the film far better than I could in his review.

I have read all of Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker books but am by no means a geek for them (if you want me to geek out bring up Dune). Still I was looking forward to the film. I thought it was well cast and went into the film pretty excited. But man what a disaster! What was with the tacked on love story? Why were most of the jokes, like the towels, never full explained. I felt like I needed to have just read the book to figure out what was going on. Halfway through I was totally bored. Still not as bad as Fever Pitch though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home