Successlessness

You've Been Asleep for a Hundred Seconds

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Pointlessness

Why do I waste so much of my free time playing video games? It baffles me.

For instance, yesterday I had to leave work early for a dental appointment. After my appointment I was home two hours earlier than I usually am. There were a lot of productive things I could have done with this time. Vacuum, fold laundry, clean the bathroom, make some CD compilations, or even blog. But no I decided to play some football on the XBox. And from 4:30PM to 10PM that's pretty much all I did. If I was playing against another person it would have been a fun communal experience not a sad geek exercise. If I had played a non-sports game, like Mario or Zelda, there would at least have been a sense of accomplishment of getting further along in the quest. But with sports games its just the same thing over and over. If it had been a weekend after noon I would care as much but this was really lame way to spend an evening.

Next time I get the urge to play video games by myself on a week night I going for a fucking walk, even if I already went on one!

2 Comments:

At 10/12/2004 3:00 PM, Blogger ripvanruben said...

I didn't eat but i did take potty breaks.

 
At 10/15/2004 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time clean your bathroom. It will make your mother happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home