Successlessness

You've Been Asleep for a Hundred Seconds

Friday, September 03, 2004

Pointless Statistics

I don't want to be like this guy* and post the most mundane details and statistics of my life. But I have long believed the words I, love, and you were the most common words in popular music titles. I have 9640 songs on my hard drive at work (over 600 hours of music), so it seemed like a perfect opportunity to investigate this theory.

485 songs with the word I in the title.
381 songs with the word you in the title.
335 songs with the word love in the title.
299 songs with the word my in the title.
296 songs that start with the word I.
193 songs that start with the word you.
178 songs with the word your in the title.
136 songs with the word me in the title.
65 songs with the word baby in the title.
50 songs with the word die in the title.
40 songs with the word rock in the title.
38 songs with the word dead in the title.
33 songs with the word dance in the title.
26 songs with the word cry in the title.
26 songs with the word heart in the title.
20 songs with the word hate in the title.
13 songs with the word music in the title.
1 song with the word mutilation in the title.

So from this completely biased sample of my music tastes, it looks like my theory holds true. Yay me....

*Wheelson deserves complete credit for this link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home