Successlessness

You've Been Asleep for a Hundred Seconds

Sunday, May 29, 2005

All Hail Cronenberg!

David Cronenberg has long been one of my favorite directors even when I was a pre-teen. I think it was The Dead Zone and The Fly that hooked me on him. And I remember forcing my family to go see Dead Ringers and Naked Lunch in the theater. i lvoed them to death while everone else was seriously freaked out bot the films and the fact that I loved them. His films are always so raw with a distinct, yet not flashy, visual style. I honestly think he's only made one bad film in his career. The rest have been good to great. Each new Cronenberg film is a bit of an event in my life and the trailer for his next film A History of Violence looks stellar. It doesn't look at all weird but certainly looks intense. Possible Oscar fodder? I sure hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home