Successlessness

You've Been Asleep for a Hundred Seconds

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Nerdiest Post Ever?

Today at work, I was comparing a list of language codes with one of our taxonomies (Aren't you totally jealous of my exciting job?) Anyway I discovered that Klingon is included in ISO 639-the Codes for the Representation of the Names of Languages standard. This is just wrong on so many levels.

I mean I can understand including Esperanto but Klingon? Even worse is the fact that the Klingon word for the Klingon language is included as an alternate form. And no, I won’t tell you what that is. I almost wonder if this is just a joke that no one caught in the editing process. Sigh... I think I’ll have to burn my Worf action figure at home tonight in protest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home