Successlessness

You've Been Asleep for a Hundred Seconds

Monday, August 09, 2004

CD Revue: The Lashes - The Stupid Stupid EP

The Lashes are the bonvivants of the Seattle music scene and they have been more famous for their publicity stunts than for their music. The lead singer Ben is a former acquaintance of my brother and used go to parties my brother would throw in our Portage Bay apartment at 3 AM that always seemed to coincide with me having a big test the next day. I know Ben from his clerking at Sonic Boom and he has always seemed like a cool guy in spite of his hipster haircut. I never knew what to think of the Lashes but I figured they'd be alright based on the music Ben had recommended to me and discussed at Sonic Boom. When I read in The Stranger that they don't want to be indie rockers but what to be legit pop stars I knew I had to check out their new EP.

This EP shows the Lashes to be more than just alright. They are verging on awesome, not to be hyperbolic. There are just four songs and each is a pop gem. I'm partial to "It's Your Party" and "Pop Song". Its nice to know sometimes self-hype pays off and I am anxiously awaiting a full length album from these guys. I highly recommend downloading the song "Death By Mixtape" from their label's website.

1 Comments:

At 8/09/2004 1:31 PM, Blogger ripvanruben said...

I hear no accent my three-toed friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home