Successlessness

You've Been Asleep for a Hundred Seconds

Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Importance of Napping

One thing I miss from my college days is the daily nap. I used always get an hour of sleep in the afternoon after classes either in the old Suzzallo Reading Room or back home. It always left me energized for the evening ahead regardless of whether I had to go to work, do homework, or have fun. Unfortunately my schedule these days makes a mid-day nap impossible. When you work 8 hours a day with lengthy commute each day there just isn't time. Sometimes I do manage a brief nap on the bus on the way home but that doesn't happen often enough and when it does its not quite the same. But sometimes you do get a chance to squeeze in a good nap like yesterday I left work early for a doctor's appointment (the good news I do not have to have tear duct surgery!) and got home in time for a nice nap. Bliss! Maybe when I get my dream job at the Ballard Branch I'll be able to swing a more nap-friendly lifestyle, but until then I will continue to envy the napped among us.

1 Comments:

At 6/02/2005 7:42 PM, Blogger ripvanruben said...

long story...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home