Successlessness

You've Been Asleep for a Hundred Seconds

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Proud of My Dad

Tonight, I went to the annual Maggie Awards ceremony at Benaroya Hall. Its a big fancy schmacy fundraiser for the Washington State Democrats. My favorite 2008 presidential candidate John Edwards was guest speaker and he delivered a knock out speech. But the real reason I was there to support father who was nominated for one of the awards. And guess what my dad won! He won Chair of the Year for his hard work as chair of the 26th District Dems extremely proud and super happy for him and the most touching thing that he was more excited to show his award to my grandfather who is in hospice care than anything else, which just makes even more proud of him.

1 Comments:

At 8/28/2005 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Dad was always a champion. Tell him I am proud of him. Is this the same guy that was too shy to go to a teacher party in Alaska?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home