Successlessness

You've Been Asleep for a Hundred Seconds

Monday, January 29, 2007

Dream Ticket

The 2008 Presidential race is already in full swing two years out, which is rather weird as things didn't really get going last time until the summer of 2003.

Regardless of who wins, Republican or Democrat, the next president will be an improvement over the current guy. As a Democrat there are a lot of good choices and thankfully John "Frankenstein" Kerry is not running. I'm frankly embarrassed i supported the guy and sadly I can't say I wish he had won in 2004.

Barak Obama and Hilary Clinton are the superstars but both have their flaws. Obama is a dymanic and charismatic guy and he's great on on all the issues. He smokes which makes him strangely cool in my eyes. But Obama is short on experience especially in the international realm. Hilary Clinton is pretty impressive but she's a little too cold and calculating and I never quite she believes what she's saying. Plus i've had enough of dynastic politics with the Bushes and I fear President Hilary would result in a future presidential race between Chelsea Clinton and George P. Bush ends up causing a fratricidal civil war in the streets.

My dream ticket would be John Edwards and Bill Richardson. Edwards was my first choice last time and I think he is even more qualified and ready to win this time around. Edwards is likable, progressive, populist, southern, and this time he seems generally more serious and won't just be Mr. Nice Guy. I think Edwards can win and be a great president, but his only short coming is foreign policy and that's where Bill Richardson comes in. Richardson is the very popular Governor of New Mexico, a state won by Bush in 2004 and Gore in 2000, and was a leader on foreign policy in the House and served as Bill Clinton's Ambassador to the United Nations. Plus he's Hispanic! Richardson balances Edwards weaknesses.

Edwards/Richardson in '08!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home