Successlessness

You've Been Asleep for a Hundred Seconds

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Please Let This Be True

According to this article, crazy billionaire Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban may be buying my first Baseball love the Pittsburgh Pirates. The Pirates were my favorite team growing up in Alaska when they still wore those silly pillbox hats and Bill Matlock was my favorite player. Even when they sucked in the mid-80s I loved them for Manager Jim Leyland's Don Knotts looks and chain smoking in the dugout, and young skinny Barry Bonds' promise. And the fact that Public Enemy's Chuck D always wore a Pirates hat solidified my fandom. The early 90s were a great time to be a Pirates fan with 3 straight NL East titles, but since then they have really sucked and my allegiance has been won over by the local Mariners, who now suck only marginally less than the Pirates. But if Cuban buys the Pirates and opens his big wallet and turns the Pirates into a first class organization worthy of their great ball park and swank uniforms I'll be fully back in the Pirates fold. Please Mark, please buy the Pirates!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home