Successlessness

You've Been Asleep for a Hundred Seconds

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Working on the Weekend

I'm at work on Saturday and it doesn't suck! I woke up at 7AM on a Saturday and it doesn't bother me. What is wrong with me? I'm actually having fun!

I could chalk it up to having some realative fun projects to work on lots of coffee, but I think my choice of music today has more to do with than anything. I listened to Lampchop on my way in on the bus this morning. That definately got me in the right mood. And I've been listening to Andy Partridge and The Apples in Stereo for most of the day and that is some really happy pop music.

Andy's song "I Wonder Why The Wonderfalls", the theme to the late great short-lived TV series Wonderfalls (on DVD later this year), has to be the best song of 2004 and proof that even if XTC never actually does anything as a band again Andy will still produce great songs. And Andy's rejected demos for James and the Giant Peach are the best children's music never heard by children. The Apples' album The Discovery of a World Inside the Moone has to be one of the poppiest albums in history. It's bubblegum with some emotional weight. "The Bird That You Can't See" is like a great lost Jackson 5 song. It really is a sahme that the colaboration between The Apples' frontman Robert Schneider and Andy Partridge fell apart that really would have been something.

It really is amazing how the right music can totally set your mood and make a day that could have been hell a lot of fun. Music you rock!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home