Successlessness

You've Been Asleep for a Hundred Seconds

Thursday, July 22, 2004

CD Revue: Jon Brion - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Soundtrack

I’m usually not all that into film scores but this one is really great. Almost as great as the movie it springs from, Brion’s piano and orchestral stuff are moving and delightful, although not as strange and inventive as his score to Punch Drunk Love. All gets even better when you throw in the pop perfection of ELO’s “Mr. Blue Sky”, a weird Bollywood pop song, and Beck’s cover of Korgis’ “Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes”. (Who are Korgis? Hell if I know but this song has peaked my interest!) Additionally, there is a one Jon Brion song “Strings that Tie You” that nicely under scores the heart of film.

2 Comments:

At 7/23/2004 12:03 AM, Blogger ripvanruben said...

Please no real names Nono!

 
At 7/26/2004 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nonomouse's deleted and now edied comments:

I think I probably like film scores even less than successlessness but I was really impressed by this one. (I guess I should check out Punch Drunk Love.)

Korgis: http://home.tiscali.se/musicworld/korgis.html

My review of the ESotSM score (plus others', of course) lives at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001IXU1W/, where you can pick up a copy of this for yourself, and help pay my salary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home