Successlessness

You've Been Asleep for a Hundred Seconds

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Johnny Chan, I am not

Some of my friends and I have gotten caught up in the whole poker craze sweeping the nation. After watching some World Series of Poker and Celebrity Poker over the weekend, we gathered last night to out our skills and I learned that I completely suck. I am definitely not an undiscovered Johnny Chan or something. I bet aggressively on shitty cards and quickly busted out. I have had success in the past betting on horses and college football but I clearly folded in the heat of the moment. Still I really had fun and I'm looking forward to playing again next month. Maybe with time I won't suck and just be handing my money away to others.

Hmm but maybe instead of following the tenets of Kenny Rogers The Gambler I should use The Clash's The Card Cheat as my guide. Actually, on second thought after reviewing the lyrics that is really not such a good idea. "The gambler is seized and forced to his knees and shot dead." Nope I don't want that in my future! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home